Pages

Wednesday 4 October 2017

The faux leather skinnies post!

Yesterday I wore my Boden waxed skinnies (sorry about the loo shot!) and they prompted comments from people asking me to write a post about faux leather/waxed, skinny jeans and leggings. So here it is! I can't pretend to have tried all of these - which usually I like to do before writing about pieces - but I have it on good authority that some of these are great.  


Well I may as well start off with what I know! The Boden black wax mayfair skinny jeans (£60.) The great thing about these jeans is that they come in petite, regular and long. I've probably had mine for about four years now and they wash like a dream and their colour hasn't faded. Each time that I wear them, Mr SG religiously asks if I've bought a new pair of leather trousers. Not yet....but I might. I think it's fair to take that as a green light. 


Boden mayfair skinny jeans (£60)


Warehouse tend to do a coated skinny jean each season and I've always found them to be really good, with a decent rise on them. This pair has two five star reviews and at £45 they aren't too bad a price.

I love a good coated skinny because they can be worn in exactly the same way as a jean but they just have a little more interest about them. They look great peeping out from underneath a classic long camel winter coat for example. I've styled mine with a kimono, above, but they are also great with biker boots and a chunky knit or heels and a sparkly top and blazer. The possibilities are endless. 


And for those who like a really high waist, and a shinier look, there's this New Look pair of skinny jeans for £25.99. This pair were hugely popular last year and much sought after, so you may need to be quick. They have a great price point too, particularly if you're just dipping your toe in the faux leather skinny water. 


The Next pull on coated leggings have had such rave reviews by so many people (particularly by Donna at "I won't wear sludge brown" that I'm really tempted to buy them. At £26 they are a great price and I'm definitely starting to feel the chill under my maxi dresses, so these would be great. They come in black, black snake, dark blue, berry and bronze so there should be something for everyone. I like the fact that they are styled as a jean, with pockets on the bottom, even though they are a pull on legging. Those pockets do a great job of breaking up our rears and even if we have a rear of the year, pockets make it look (even) better.  


And no discussion of faux leather leggings would be complete without the inclusion of Mint Velvet, who have this fab pair for £35. They have a super wide waist band (see below) which can be so comfortable, particularly on those tricky tum type days.


I'm just debating whether this Mint Velvet pair might have bumped the pair from Next off the top of my list. Oooh it's a tricky business and not one to be taken lightly. But then again it is dark blue that I'm after so maybe it's not a difficult decision after all. And how delighted are you all that I shared that conundrum with you?


Each year, Karen Millen do a pair of faux leather leggings. They have a pewter pair this year for £115 and whilst they are more pricey than the other pairs that I've shown you, these tend to go in the sale after Christmas. I think that I bought mine for about £60. I have to admit that I like the look of the high waist and the jersey inserts on these. Slightly maternityesque I admit but comfortable looking nonetheless. 

Hopefully there's something for everyone here and of course, I would love to know about any that I haven't covered. I'm looking out for ones that don't bag at the bottom or the knees and that don't slide down either!