Pages

Friday 13 January 2017

Is this the end of Style Guile?


Golly it's been a while. And I've missed you all. But I promised myself that I wouldn't start blogging again until I had finished my list of jobs. As you might expect, I haven't reached the bottom of the list..... Do we ever?

After the children went back to school, first of all there was the house to be sorted. I did a proper spring clean under the beds and on top of the cupboards. I sorted the linen cupboard, went through the children's bedrooms - and anything that got in my way went in a bin bag. Then it was the turn of the tax-return. Then trips to the charity shops, choosing tiles for the kitchen, "doing" the 9 year old's birthday, preparing for the soon-to-be-18's birthday party and with a work trip to London included for good measure, it's been hard to find a window of opportunity. But then today I received a comment asking "Is this the end of Style Guile?" Thank you to whoever left the comment because it has prompted me to get back in front of the laptop.

In all honesty I think that quite a few bloggers have taken a bit of a sabbatical. After Christmas the thought of spending money in the sales makes me feel slightly nauseous and writing about spring trends makes me feel slightly shivery. People get annoyed with exercise and healthy eating posts and I figure that sometimes it's good to just sit quietly in the corner and finish the Christmas chocolate whilst contemplating the New Year's Resolutions that I've made (and broken).


But with a living room to be decorated, a kitchen that's about to have work started on it, two bathrooms to replace, an outfit to be decided upon for both an 18th and a 40th birthday party, plus an offer to write about a new range of active wear, I won't be going anywhere far for a while.

And whilst this really isn't going to inspire many, as you know I do love a bit dash of pink and as it's "the" colour for s/s 2017 (although it's been in season for me for the past 46 years) and as it's been snowing today, I'm going to leave you with my new pink pom pom beanie from Topshop (£14)



Happy New Year to you all, have a super weekend and I'll be back soon! Beth x