Pages

Thursday 10 March 2016

Navy, navy, navy - 3 navy coats from Jigsaw

The plan wasn't necessarily to come out of Jigsaw with a navy coat when I went to spend the vouchers that I had been given but I quickly realised that there were three that I liked. And then I thought to myself that if I liked them, then you might too.

Now I realise that a Jigsaw coat is not an everyday purchase and whilst it's fine to say "Oh, it will last for years and it's an investment" if it's not do-able then it's not do-able. On the other hand, one of these may just be what you've been looking for or they could provide inspiration for an upcoming shopping trip. So let's kick off. First of all I'm wearing the collarless column coat £229


I have to say that this coat felt absolutely beautiful on. The fit is gorgeous and very flattering plus it's made from 100% cotton which could work fantastically well for those who prefer natural fibres. It's just one of those coats that instantly makes you stand up smart.


The only issue for me was how much wear I might get out of it.  If I worked in an office I would be there like a shot and although it would look great with jeans I just felt that I might not reach for it too easily when dashing out of the door on the school run. As to sizing, I first started off with an 8 which was fine but the 10 had just that little bit more room.


Next I tried the raw edge jersey coat (£229). I'm not quite sure why it's called a jersey coat. The composition is 73% wool and and 27% polyamide so it's not a reference to the fabric. Maybe the styling? I don't know but anyway this was the softest coat that I'd tried on in a long time.


This coat is an absolute beauty - perfect for this time of year with enough room to fit a leather jacket underneath and not at all restrictive.


The sizing of this coat is quite generous and I'm wearing an XS. One of the reviews comments that it is expensive for what it is and I do understand that it's not lined and despite being wool it isn't a very heavy weight coat but it is beautifully soft and it falls well. So that's all to go in the melting pot! 


The final jacket doesn't seem to be online. It's a great piece - a little edgier being a bomber style at the back (particularly with the ribbing at the waistband) but with a straighter jacket front minus the ribbing at the waist.


The fit of this one isn't great on me as it's a size 10 and also as it's shorter, I tend to feel a little more exposed. But I really liked it nonetheless and if I could have had two this would have made it home with me.


So that's my little Jigsaw coat round up but there were plenty more that I loved, from this cream belted cocoon coat (£249) to the double faced jacket (£249) and this long sleeveless jacket (£179).

Thank you so much to everyone who has entered the M&S competition which I published yesterday. Although you may not have heard back from me, all of your entries have been received and you will be entered into the "hat".  Do keep the entries coming and tell your friends - or not perhaps. I'll let you deal with that particular moral dilemma!