Pages

Friday 7 February 2014

The verdict on the Boden yellow jacket and some patched jeans (and accessories) from GAP

 

When I opened the parcel from Boden containing their soho knitted jacket I must admit to being really unsure about it. For a start there wasn't any fastening and nor was I sure about the colour. But then when I put it on, I decided that I really liked it. It felt fresh, slightly different and nice against my skin. It's also one that I can style up or down and different options are always good when it comes to clothes.


As to the rest of the outfit, when I was in GAP the other day, I picked up a pair of these jeans, using my 30% discount voucher from Grazia - more because I was interested to see what they would look like than anything else. I haven't quite reached a conclusion on them yet. I think that they're OK and that they make a nice change from traditional straightforward jeans but hmmm, I need to think about them. I could do with another pair of jeans but whether these are it or not is a different matter. Dangerous question but - what do you think?

GAP patched skinny jeans £49.95


Now the colour block belt GAP, (yellow and grey, £19.95) is a definite keeper. I didn't buy it with the intention of wearing it with the jacket, largely because I thought the jacket would be going back, but they work well together so they can become bosom buddies in my wardrobe. As I wanted the option of wearing the belt around both my hips and waist, I bought a M, knowing that it would need extra holes in it to fit my waist. It also comes in a few other colour ways.


This leather flap clutch from GAP in soothing sea (£24.95) is a great find. It too comes in several colour ways, including yellow.


And finally these leather Oxfords from GAP (£44.95) are a great price, particularly with an additional 30% discount. Predictably they also come in several colours, including gold. They also do a printed canvas Oxford in flowers, spots and stripes.  


I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what GAP has to offer so far this season. With what I have featured above, together with their crossbody leather tote, I think that they are really strong on their accessories in particular so it may be worth taking advantage of the discount whilst it's still available.