Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

One of my favourite looks and how to recreate it for the spring....


I wanted to do a round up of the "luxury joggers" that are available at the moment - as opposed to the sweat pant variety. They are a really great trouser style, lending themselves to both a more dressed up look of a blazer and heels, or a casual look of trainers and a sweatshirt, or into the summer, sandals and a pretty blouse.

This style trouser is a really accessible trend to many and let's face it, there aren't that many variations on a trouser theme really are there?! The fact that they have some width in the leg makes them more flattering to those with curvier hips than, say, a skinny jean. However the fact that they nip back in at the ankle stops any of that wafting business and keeps them looking fresh.  So if you haven't considered them before now as an option, now might be a good time to do so. 

This is a photograph from December but it conveys the look fairly well and there's no point in reinventing the wheel.

I spotted these crepe joggers from Topshop (£40) earlier in the week. They are the same style as the ones that I am wearing above (and featured below) and what I like about them is the flat waistband at the front. Those with a gathered waist band can sometimes give the effect of a little pouching in the tummy area - where of course really there is none! They are a good, heavy fabric too, which I like.


I thought that I would also show you a rear view because, having a slightly higher waistband, they can give the impression of a larger bottom. The obvious thing to do is to have a top which comes half way down your bottom, effectively cutting it in half. So what I'm saying is, don't be put off if you just try them on with a vest. Get hold of a top with a bit of length at the back, grab some heels and have another go - or try them with a blazer.


For a top with some length at the back, something along the lines of this peony print jumper from Warehouse (£42)...


...or this floral print jumper from Warehouse (£42) would be a good bet, if you didn't want to go down the blazer route.


These are the tailored joggers from Topshop (£38). Again they are a good weight fabric and look much more expensive than their price tag. Being darker, they may work better for some than the lighter pair above. Also the bottom issue may be less of an issue in a darker colour!


For a printed version, there's these floral joggers Topshop (£35). They are great for those who prefer the attention to be directed towards their bottom half and again have the versatility of being able to be styled up or down.


The blurred neon print trousers Warehouse (£35) have a good splash of yellow in them, so they may be attractive to those who have a bit of a yellow thing going on at the moment. I've seen these in real life - not tried them on - but I am interested enough to go back for a closer look when I have the time.


These silk joggers The White Company (£120) are obviously a more expensive option but it's nice to know that they are there if there's a special event that you have in mind. I really think that they could make a nice option for a spring/summer wedding, just by way of a change.


This gives you an idea of how the White Company has styled them for a smarter look. I love it - it's simple, stylish, sophisticated and relaxed and it's such an easy look to re-create without being too try hard.

 
I think that this is one of those looks that's quite exciting in that you might look at and think: "I like it but I couldn't, could I? Or could I?" Well, the answer is yes, give it a go! It's one that could work for so many age groups and body shapes.