Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

Mum on the Run - The lady in black, courtsey of Jigsaw, Boden and Rockport

 
I have been working on a post for a very special announcement due in the next couple of days (well, I'm a bit excited about it although no one else may be!) so this is just a short one.
 
I wore this outfit early last week when I took a trip down to Bristol to see a lovely lady with whom I have worked before. It was a lovely sunny day when I arrived but given my early start, I got dressed in the dark. When I explained this to her, she invited me to look in a mirror but I decided against it, just in case it was a total disaster! Actually, on reflection (ha ha) maybe that is exactly why she invited me to look in the mirror!
 


Needing to keep things simple, and layered just in case it was cold, I decided on black.  You can't get much more simple than that can you? I don't tend to wear much black so it was actually quite nice for a change.

These trousers, which are gathered at the bottom, are from Jigsaw (sale in the summer).  The denim shirt is Next and the jumper, Boden (sale). The necklace is Hobbs (sale last summer) and this was the first outing for my new Rockport loafers which were gifted to me by Push PR after my day out at the Fold.





I love these loafers. They make me feel quite tall (that would be the heels) and quite smart (that would be the shine)!

I also like the versatility of them as they can be worn with dresses. Feeling that this dress wasn't too dainty for the shoes, I chose to style them with it for my "something for the weekend" look the week before last - and no doubt I will style the with dresses on future occasions.



Wishing you all a good start to the week!