Pages

Saturday 25 August 2012

Style Guile Saturday Round-Up

Quite often after I have posted, things crop up or come to my attention which I think it might be good to share.  So, I am going to start doing a "Saturday Round Up" - where I will fill in the gaps and let you know what other gems SG readers have shared with me during the week.

You may remember a while ago that I posted about the Sea Folly swimming costume that I had received, and about which I gave rave reviews. As I said at the time, that particular swimming costume made me feel like I was wearing clothes, rather than underwear!

This week I have come across another fantastic swimming costume courtesy of Grazia - which is very similar in style.  With a 1950's boy leg and halter neck, it comes with tummy support and goes up to a 44F in cup size. It's from Very and costs £29.  The contrast between the print on the side panels and the torso, make it really flattering. Not only that, but there is a video on the site. OK so it may be on a model but at least you can see it from all angles. It also comes in black.

Sorry to those of you have already read about this on my facebook page, which is where I first featured it.  To anyone who hasn't already, "Liking" my page will ensure that you are kept up to speed on anything that I find.



                                                               Resort Shapewear Playsuit
      

Following on from my post a couple of days ago about the Zara Doctor's Bag, according to the October edition of In Style magazine "If there is ONE thing that defines the new season, it's the humble doctor's bag.  Sleek, practical and utterly fabulous." So for anyone looking to make a quick update, that could be the piece for you. And if you were undecided about the Zara bag, it may be worth securing one pronto.

In Style featured this utterly gorgeous polished leather bag from Miu Miu, which costs £1,350...



    


...and also this Tan Doctor's Tote from Matalan which, at £14, is a great buy. 

                                                            
                                                      Tan Doctors Tote
 


They also stated that the slipper trend wasn't going anywhere fast so again, for those looking to make a quick update on the flat shoe front, if you hadn't already done so, these might be worth considering.

Earlier in the week I mentioned that Boden was coming to Birmingham, in the form of a pop up shop in the Bullring.  Well, here's the evidence! For those of you who know the Bullring, it's opposite the Clarks store.  It opens on 31st August.  I am working the entire day on a photo shoot, so if anyone gets there before me, please let me know what it's like!




In yesterday's post I talked about jewel coloured jeans and showed a couple of designer pairs, with some cheaper GAP alternatives.  Thanks to those who left comments letting me know about alternatives.  Warehouse may have some wine coloured ones in their sale (£10) and surprise, surprise, Primark have them in a variety of different colours. 

Finally, some discounts:

Warehouse are offering 20% off new season stock with In Style - just quote 20INSTYLE at the checkout or take the pull out brochure along with you to the store (the October edition should be on the shelves in about a week or so).

Baukjen are offering 15% off plys free delivery and returns when you spend over £49. Just quote INSTYLE12

Happy shopping!