Pages

Thursday 23 August 2012

Style Guile Finds - Primark Pretties

I had a bit of an embarrassing incident today. I was at the opticians and there the optician was, staring into my eyes with the assistance of one of his implements - when he promptly dropped it right into my lap.
 
Given it was his piece of equipment, I didn't feel comfortable recovering it. But given it was in my lap, it would have been inappropriate for him to recover it. So we both sort of hovered over it - looking at it - neither of us quite being sure who had "right of way" when I think we both realised at the same time what was going on. He quickly withdrew his hand from my lap region and I grabbed it and handed it back to him. Disaster averted. Just.  
 
Anyway, yesterday I had 10 minutes in Primark - and I spotted these two pieces which found their way into my basket.  First of all, this navy blouse with black trim and pearl collar.
 
 
 

This is a closer look at the collar, which is really pretty. I bought a size 8 but am going to size up to a 10 as it is a bit snug. At £12 it's a great piece.




Dipping my toe in the water with the printed theme, I picked up this blazer, which cost £15.



This is a closer shot of the print - which contains navy, teal and white. There are going to be so many prints around this season that it may be a little early for me to commit all my eggs to this particular basket and I need to try it on with something other than my tracksuit bottoms before I reach a conclusion on it!


Now, these were my reason for going into Primark in the first place - navy brocade trousers.  Last year I bought some black jacquard Zara trousers and some spotty Topshop trousers - but this year its the turn of brocade.


So, armed with my clipping from a magazine, I went to the store to track them down for a closer look.  They weren't there but that didn't stop me! A call to Primark customer services resulted in a return call (impressive!) to tell me that they would be in stores from 1st October.  So, for anyone hunting these down - you may need to wait for a while - unless anyone wants to tell me differently!

And finally, moving away from Primarni and on to Chanel, this new colour "Suspicious" will be released tomorrow and it is billed as the plum/fuschia colour of the season.  Whilst I have received Chanel nail varnish as gifts (and would be very happy to give one as a gift) I don't think that I have ever bought any myself. Not that that would stop me from painting a little dab from a tester pot onto my nail and going to another counter to match it up.

Well if, as they say it's going to sell out, they don't need my pennies do they?!