Pages

Saturday 28 July 2012

Women Behaving Badly - what to do with a flamingo and a donkey (whilst wearing a Jigsaw skirt!)

You may remember that a while ago I highlighted some pieces in the Jigsaw sale which I thought were particularly good buys, and this trench skirt was one of them.

When I first put it on, although I really liked it, I wasn't 100% sure about it.  However I then got a second opinion from my husband, who has a really good eye for these things, despite not caring in the least what he wears himself. He gave it a very positive "yes" so that was a done deal.



I put it with this sequinned top from Topshop and then, for our evening out, wanted to use my new Orla Kiely bag which my husband bought me for my birthday.  It was way back in January that I first mentioned that I was after a blue bag - and the search has gone on for this long but some things are worth waiting for!



So I wore a coral belt to pick out the red/coral clasp on the bag...


...and my blue Pied a Terre T-bar sandals, to pick out the blue in the bag, and to pull the whole outfit together.



However, on arriving at our friends' house for a birthday celebration, it all went rapidly down hill on the style stakes. With a strong Mexican theme for the evening, a sombrero and chilli necklace were added to the outfit, together with a pink flamingo (not sure of the relevance of that but we found it funny) whilst my friend sported a rather stylish striped pinata.



Oh what fun we had!