Pages

Wednesday 27 June 2012

On the Run - In those shoes? Standing up is hard enough!

You know those heart stopping moments? I had one of those today. Our youngest had been swimming and we were in the changing rooms, where she observed a woman getting changed.  When the words "Excuse me?" came out of her mouth, I froze. What was it going to be? My mind went into overdrive thinking of how I could interrupt and deflect the possible insult that was on its way.

Fortunately, she said "I like your swimming costume." Which, being as it was flouro pink and spangly, she would. The young woman was suitable flattered, giggled approvingly and thought how sweet she was. Oh how different it could have been.


I was off down to Warwick today to do a Wardrobe Consultation, which had been given to a lady by her sister as a birthday present. I love meeting new people and we spent a great few hours together.


After that it was swimming, followed by collecting the older two. These photos were taken whilst waiting in the heat for our eldest to return from a school trip. How hot must she have been in her cut-offs with opaque tights.  Remember those days? Definitely an early '90's kind of outfit!



I haven't worn these Jigsaw shoes for a long time but enjoyed wearing them with my Gap high rise skinny jeans, White Stuff blouse, Topshop belt and La La Rocks bracelet.


What utterly, totally ridiculous shoes to wear when having to walk around the edge of a slippery swimming pool.  There's something about them which make them really hard to walk in. It could be the rigid sole because they're not that high - but they are definitely precarious. I pretended that I was holding our youngest's hand for support but really it was the other way around.


Now that I am home, I am wearing my favourite "Waynetta Slob" outfit of PJ bottoms, vest and trainers. That should frighten any cold callers off!