Pages

Wednesday 2 May 2012

On the Run - An outfit for lunch out with my Mum (and some trousers which aren't skinny!)



I am sort of cheating today as this photo was taken a while ago now - but not as long ago as New Year's Eve which was when I previously wore this skirt. I wore this outfit when I went out with my Mum for lunch - snuggly tights, heavy weight bell shaped skirt, wool jumper and a chunky necklace to stop it from being too dark. Where we were headed had a propensity to be a bit chilly so I knew that I needed to layer up.

On another note, although there is a wide range of trousers available this summer - coloured jeans, printed jeans, chinos, 7/8ths, cigarette pants and palazzos, as well as the sporty inspired ones - I am feeling a little jaded by them all.

Other than the palazzos, all styles are fairly straight or skinny - so I am on the hunt for some wide legged trousers - proper 1940's wide legged babies. Skinnies have been around for so long now -possibly at the expense of everything else - and they really aren't for everyone, so I am a woman on a mission on the hunt for something different. This is what I have found so far....

I love these nautical inspired trousers from Jigsaw. They have buttons which fasten at the side, true nautical style and a turn up at the bottom.  They are also high waisted and very smart. The problem is the cost - at £159 they are expensive - but lovely. 



This pair from Oasis are very similar in design and at £48 they are a fraction of the price. However,  the fabric is not quite as nice. More of a polyester mix.


                                                           Sailor Front Wide Leg Trouser
This pair of Ilona linen trousers from Coast cost £80. I don't find the design as attractive as the Jigsaw ones - but I think that we all know that I have fallen a little bit in love with the Jigsaw ones.


                                                         ILONA LINEN TROUSERS
         

Finally these are the lovely Marit trouser from Hobbs which have been reduced to £79.20 from £99. They are made of linen and with a lovely wide leg are just a little different. I know that there is the whole creasing issue with linen so I am going to go into Hobbs tomorrow, give them a sneaky scrunch and report back!


                                    

On another note, the car keys turned up....(in my handbag) Ooops.

Outfit: Boden jumper, Kew skirt, Jigsaw shoe boots, Topshop necklace