Pages

Friday 6 April 2012

Mum on the Run - Sunny yellow pieces and a family day out


Today we had a family day out to Ludlow.  I am not looking skywards for divine inspiration but rather to see my husband and our eldest who had climbed to the top of a high tower at the castle. We had gone there to buy our son a wooden sword - his preferred choice of Easter present!


I knew that it would be cold and that there was the potential for us to be walking a long way.  With it being a family day out there is always a risk of ice cream splodges, spilt drinks etc so I wore jeans with flat boots and plenty of layers on the top half.  Normally I would take my coat off for the blog photo a) because it's really old and b) so that it is easier to see the outfit - not today though, it was too cold.


This rear view photo was taken by our son without my knowledge but it's quite good for showing the shape of the coat at the back.  Although stuffed full of feathers to keep me warm, it's not too "puffy" or square and does have some shape about it, which I prefer, especially if wearing skinnies on the bottom half as it keeps the proportions in check.

As you all probably know by now, yellow is the colour of the season, or one of them at least.  This is  a photograph of a patent yellow Orla Kiely bag which was in the Silver Pear in Ludlow.  It's beautifully bright and sunny and all of the Orla Kiely bags are called "buttercup" which is very sweet.


Here's a closer shot, showing the Orla Kiely branding. At £350 ish it's not cheap and if you are looking at spending a "tapping into a trend" amount rather than an "investment" amount, this might be the answer...


A yellow handbag from H&M, which is priced at £24.99.  I have seen this in the flesh several times and it's really quite good.
Carrying on with the yellow theme, I spotted this yellow coat in Jaeger. The bright colour caught my eye and I thought that as the sun has disappeared for now, I would bring a little sunshine to you via the blog instead.


I also just had to include these dresses - also in the Silver Pear in Ludlow. They are so cute with their smocking and pretty prints. Oh to be little enough to wear one!