Pages

Sunday 29 January 2012

Mum on the Run - Sunday Best




I'm not really flouncing around in a fancy dress today - in fact I am sitting here in my jeans and cable knit jumper (again).  However, there are a few pieces in my wardrobe which I like and which I don't get a chance to wear very much, so I thought that over the next few Sundays I would share them with you in my "Sunday Best" feature.   Also, there are only so many times that I can wear jeans and a jumper before you all go "yep, got that look, now let's go and find a blog where she actually has a life and wears something a little more interesting."

This dress was from Hobbs a few seasons ago.  I had my eye on it when it was full price but I waited until it went into the sale and managed to get it for £50.  It's a great shape for all ladies who are a little smaller on the top half than the bottom half - and whose bottom half is a little curvier than they may perhaps ideally like!  The frill on the front adds volume over the bust but the skirt skims rather than clings.  Whilst it is a fuller skirt, there isn't a lot of fabric, so it doesn't add bulk.  I sometimes change the belt to alter the look but all it really requires are some heels - LK Bennett Sledge heels in this case.

I put a Kew chunky bracelet and Stella & Dot ring with it and had I actually been off out I would have been good to go! Whilst in my dreams I may be somewhere more glamourous, instead, I think that the Chipmunks may be on the agenda for the day. Oh help!