Pages

Thursday 23 June 2011

Mum on the Run - A soggy sports day


I've been a bit negligent in posting of late - for some reason I don't seem to have had the time.  I could pretend that it was because I was doing something amazingly interesting but then that would be a lie. I can't even pretend that I have been practising the lyrics to Take That - although I must confess that I would have been, had it not transpired that our Take That tickets were sold to us by a website that didn't actually own them in the first place.  Not that I am annoyed or anything about not seeing Gaz and the boys strut their stuff.

Anyway, this photo was taken a few days ago now.  It was our son's sports day and I mean "day".  It goes on from 9.30 am until 4.00pm.  If the organisers of the Olympics need any tips - they know where to go for help.  We even get coffee served in proper paper cups - with a lid no less. 

Anyway, the weather was cold, wet and windy -but nonetheless we (by that I mean the parents) soldiered on regardless, embarrassing our children with our cheers.  Well I did anyway, with great satisfaction I hasten to add.  It's good that they learn what it feels like to be embarrassed given that they do it to us all the time.

So, whilst I may have looked like the Michelin man with my layers of vest, stripey top, denim shirt, cream cardi and spotty mac I was, at least warm and dry.