Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Mum on the Run Day 21 - Pleats please


Today I was talking at the "Women Who" lunch for the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce. I did a presentation on the15 essential items for the work capsule wardrobe.  Everyone was lovely, as were the cakes, yum!

It was nice for me to have a chance to dress up as pretty much every day since I started "Mum on the Run" I have either been off with the children or shopping on my own - neither of which require the same sort of outfit as when I am with clients or doing events.

Today I decided to go with a bit of a nod towards the ballet look (I thought that the full on look might be a tad ridiculous) which is so big at the moment, thanks to Black Swan, and went for a chiffon pleated skirt from TopShop.  I put it with  a black silk blouse, a fitted cardigan, a skinny leopard print belt and court shoes.  It was lovely to have a chance to dress up and to wear a pleated skirt - something that I haven't worn in years.  It felt quite elegant (for once)!  To stop the outfit from looking too twee, I added my chunky Storm digital watch. 

We also did a bit of a Marilyn Monroe look but we were laughing so much that I look a bit weird - I said there would be bad!


Outfit: Skirt and belt Top Shop, Blouse New Look, Cardigan Hobbs, Shoes LK Bennett